Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reflection on Slim In 6

Thrilledmomof2 thought it would be a nice idea for us to go back and reflect over previous workouts we've done.  Slim in 6 by Debbie Siebers was my first introduction to Beachbody.  I started this in June of '09 and I really loved the program.  In looking back at an old blog from when I was doing the program I noticed changes pretty quickly.  My flexibility increased within just 2-3 workouts.  I also noticed inches lost rather quickly as well. SI6 was an amazing workout both for my legs and my arms.  It worked the triceps pretty well. I remember a friend leaning over at me at church and saying "wow Sara your arms are getting toned!" I also was getting back into shirts that had gotten too tight for me.  I LOVE the Slim and Limber and still like to use that when I need a good quick stretch video.

Some other thoughts on SI6, it's a great beginner workout.  It's also a great 'between programs' kinda workout.  It's nowhere near as intense as the workouts I do now, but it also works well if i'm trying to give my body a bit of a rest and just get some overall toning in.  It is challenging to do for a full 6 weeks, as there's only a few workouts so it does get pretty repetitive.  Some people do well w/ that, I don't.  I did it again about a year later and enjoyed the workout, just didnt do the full 6 weeks, I probably did about 3-4.  It is however a great program, and I'd love to eventually get slim series and add those dvds in.  It is a program I'd recommend, especially for anyone that has to watch their intensity or anyone just getting into working out consistently.
~ShortTeacher83~

No comments:

Post a Comment