Thursday, August 18, 2011

Motivation: What is it? where do I get it?



Motivation: is the driving force by which humans achieve their goals.

Simple right? Well, aparently not so! Some of you have told me that I have great motivation, I personally don't think so, since I do my workouts faithfully but I seriously struggle with the diet portion of it all, specifically with portion control. I like to eat, I like to well and I like to eat a LOT. Sometimes I do very good sometimes not so it's a constant struggle.

So what motivates me to keep at least trying? Fear. Fear of weighing 400 lbs, (which is a very real posibility for me since I'm 6 ft tall). Fear of dying because of some complication due to obesity, up until now I have been pretty healthy but I KNOW that sooner or later being overweight would add some strain to my body. Fear of leaving my kids behind with nobody to fend for them (no offense to my husband, but we all know Mom is only one). See I'm an immigrant, I don't have a big support system in this country, my parents don't live here, I don't have sisters, my brother is here as well but in a different state, so the thought of dying and leaving my kids behind is scary and real, it would be awful in so many levels.

So that being said, no one can motivate you, u need to do that yourself, u can draw inspiration from other people, but the motivation comes from your. Whether is a size, an event or just a vision in your mind of what u want to achieve, the motivation always comes from within.. The truth is that if something is important enough for you,  you will find the time to do it. Remember that your are worth the trouble, and you cannot give to others what your don't have, if U can't take care of yourself, how do u expect to take care of others?

I have a ways to go in my journey to my goals and part of setting up this blog was to keep myself accountable, the more support you have the better. I hope to keep sharing my journey so all of u can draw some inspiration, to find the motivation to continue or start yours!

Thrilledmomof2

No comments:

Post a Comment