Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Review of Chalean Extreme


As shortteacher said, this week we decided to share out thoughts on some of the beachbody programs we have done already, It's now turn for  Chalean Extreme. This was my first program and I decided to do that one because it was mainly strength training and not too much cardio. The program is 90 days and it's structured in 3 phases, Burn, Push and Lean.

The First 4 weeks you start with Burn, this is 3 circuits, and you do each one of them once a week, the other 2 days of the schedule is completed with 2 cardio routines, and ab workout and a stretch/yoga class. The burn circuits are about 35 minutes long and you do upper an lower body work at the same time. The second month is the Push phase, also 4 weeks, in this phase Chalene switches gears and makes you lift VERY HEAVY, also you don't work upper and lower body at the same time, it's rather a body part at a time, the cardio, and yoga it's the same through out the whole program, however on week 6, Chalene introduces a more advance ab routine about 5 mins longer than the previous one and trust me those 5 more minutes feel like 5 minutes.... under water!!!!!!!
 The final 4 weeks it's the  LEAN circuit, here your go back to the combination workouts ( upper and lower body) and relatively ligther weights, but the workouts are longer and all of them will require core use, this month also you will see the most results. The last month workouts are brutal! But so much fun.

I lost around 9 inches off my waist,  5 inches off each thigh, it was wonderful. It's a very good program and it''s good for every fitness level, the workouts are not too long and your are only required to workout 5 days a week, I loved it so much that I hybrid it with Turbo fire!
Chalene Johnson is a VERY good instructor, explains the set up, the exercise and also educates you on what part of the body is going to work, what is supposed to feel like, all of that while motivating your without sounding corny or fake.
This workout got me hooked on working out, not only did I lose lbs and inches but I created the habit of working out and that was worth all the money, all the sweat and all my time. I only have positive things to say about Chalean Extreme, if you are looking to start a workout program, to get in shape, to tone your body, and your are a busy person, maybe have little kids (like I do) Chalean Exteme is the PERFECT option!

Thrilledmomof2

2 comments: