Sunday, August 7, 2011

Insanity: Get Fit or Get Out!


So Before I started working out consistently, I had seen the Insanity's Infomercials, and I thought that looked crazy and that I don't think I'd ever attempt something like that. Well a year and change later as Turbo Fire was nearing the and my buddy Shortteacher and I were contemplating what to do next, I came up with the idea to do Insanity, since she had done it before and absolutley LOVED it. SO I took the plunge and decided to go for Insanity, we created a Facebook group, since a few of us in the Beachbody comunnity were starting the program right around the same time. 8 of us signed in to do the program only 3 finished.

The program is structured in 2 phases and it totals 63 days. Phase one's workouts are about 40 minutes long and lasts 4 weeks after that there is a recovery week which is the same workout the 6 days of that week, next your have phase 2, that's 4 more weeks and the workouts are about 1 hr long. Personally I thought phase one was boring, don't get me wrong the workouts are amazing, and it's not like I could keep up or anything, but my problem came when it was the same 3 workouts over and over for 4 weeks. Month 2 was a little bit better for me, since I enjoyed the Max routines more and there was a 4th workout with the bonus Dvd's. This programs was very tough for me, more than physically, mentally, I had just came out of Turbo Fire and while Turbo is Intense is also FUN, The music was a huge motivation factor for me during turbo and sadly in Insanity the music was more of a background noise. Also the point of Insanity it's not to keep up with the video, but to give it your max, this was somewhat of a struggle at first since I felt like a failure for having to take breaks so often. Thru all the messages in the screen, saying that if u need so, take a break and Shaun T reminding you of the same, I understood that I didn't need to keep up with the video to get Results.

I lost around 15 lbs with the program, which was awesome. Bottom line, is Insanity crazy? Yes definitely!, Is it for everyone? In theory, yes, anyone should be able to do it at his or her own pace, but in reality, there is no one there showing u how to modify the moves that might make u uncomfortable and I really think that someone with a better fitness level will be able to  get more out or the program. Insanity it's a great workout, but I don't think I will ever repeat it as a whole, I'm still incorporating it to our schedule as I see the benefits of Max Interval training, but while I was doing the program I really struggled with pushing play everyday, and the fun factor is very important to me, if I want to stick to a routine.

Thrilledmomof2

No comments:

Post a Comment