Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is Shakeology Worth the money?





Some of u might have heard of Shakeology, some of you may have NO idea what I'm talking about. Let's start by establishing what it is exactly. Shakeology is a "patent-pending daily nutritional shake helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today's highly processed foods.

At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke*".

Shakeology also has over 70 ingredients gathered from all over the world.
"More than 70 different ingredients were chosen from around the world for their potency and bioavailability (the ability to deliver the nutrients your body needs). Here are the key nutrient groups that these ingredients deliver:*
  • Protein and Essential Amino Acids to help build long, lean muscles and reduce food cravings
  • Prebiotics and Digestive Enzymes, which aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption
  • Antioxidants and Phytonutrients to help counteract free radical damage that can lead to degenerative diseases
  • Vitamins and Minerals your body needs to function for
    optimal health*
    "
So what do you do with Shakeology? Well u can have it as a snack or as a meal replacement, personally I have it for dinner mostly every night, because lunch is the biggest meal of the day, so my dinner is usually ligther.

This all sounds wonderful until you get down to the cost, I'm not going to lie, it's expensive, even if you try to rationalize it by saying it's 4 dlls a meal, which for someone that has coffees from a Coffee House or eats out often, it's not a big deal, but for someone like me, that  stays home with the kids, I rarely spend 4 dlls in a meal for myself. So why do I buy Shakeology then? Well because it's awesome! I had been working out with beachbody for over a year before I decided to try it, because the cost was outrageous to me, and I get it cheaper since I'm a coach, but still my workout buddy "shortteacher" had tried it before and hated it, however she was giving it a second chance and I had come across some extra cash so I took the plunge.  Most people worry about the taste, I don't really as I'm not a picky eater and u can add whatever u want to make shakeology more pleaseant to your tastes buds if you don't like the way it tastes, takes a little getting use to, but the taste is good seems to be the general consensus.  Another thing that I was worried about was the "cleansing" aspect of it (if u know what I mean hehehehehehe) But I wasn't so dirty inside apparently, my frecuency did increased for like 4 days the first week but after that I went back to normal. After the second week was when I started seeing the Shakeology benefit that made it all worth it for me... the cravings just STOPPED! I wasn't munching all day or antsy or wating or looking at the clock to see when was it time to eat my next meal, I ate what I had to eat and that was that, not thinking about it all day no struggle... ohhhhhhhh freeeeeeeeedom!!! Another benefit, at the end of that month, when I started to do my grocery shopping list I was amazed how much stuff I still had left, just cause I didn't eat it!!!!


So to summarize,  Shakeology is not cheap, I am a coach, I'm aware of this, it's not a necessity, u can lose weight without it, but it's sure nice to have and fills in whatever holes u may have nutritionally. Another  thing is that only comes in 2 flavors, this fall they are releasing a 3rd one, I've only tried Chocolate buy I've heard "mixed" reviews on the Greenberry flavor, so I don't think I will try that one any time soon. For me it's worth it just because it cuts cravings, making it a lot easier for me to manage my calorie intake.

Shakeology has been featured in a 8 page article on O Magazine, as a "super food", and just today I came across a CNN video featuring one of the ingredients in Shakeology as a libido booster ( I can tell you from personal experience... it works lol)

If you would like to try it and are not sure, keep in mind that there is a 30 day bottom of the bag guarantee, and if your choose HD (home delivery) you get free shipping and the workout DVD's at no extra cost. The HD can be cancelled with a quick phone call or email with no hassle.

(*Taken from http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/thrilledmomof2  )

Thrilledmomof2

4 comments:

  1. I did HATE it a couple years ago. I am a picky eater and really sensitive to stuff. However I didn't give it enough of a chance back then to like it. After getting some ideas from a few ppl on what to add to it, I've finally figured out my 'perfect shakeology.' Simple really. 1 C skim milk, 2 ice cubes, scoop of shakeo, spoon of pb, and a little bit of water to thin it up (it's pretty thick some ppl like that, some like me prefer it thinner.) I've learned how to do a consistency I like and what doesn't leave an 'aftertaste' for me. Now I love it and it's worth the price, if you are able to invest. I will say my nails grew longer, faster and stronger right away with shakeology :) ~Shortteacher83~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I tried it I hated it. I mixed it all wrong but I tried it again a year later with a different recipe and loved it. I love the Chocolate the best. My favorite recipe is 1 water, 1 scoop Shakeology, 2 TBS of peanut butter and 1 banana add a little ice. Mix in blender. No matter what you mix it with it will change the taste. My cravings have stopped. I'm never starving and My hair and nails grow like crazy. Its amazing stuff. I cannot say enough about it. You just have to try it yourself and the most amazing thing is that you can finish the bag and if you aren't satisfied Beachbody will give you your money back. Yep!!! You read that right. lol Great stuff. I doubt you will want too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to put 12 oz of almond milk, 140 grams of frozen strawberries, 16 grams of peanut butter, a splash of mint extract, a scoop of chocolate shakeology and water to taste it's awesome. Another yummy way is with peanut butter, almond milk and 8 grams of fat free, sugar free butterscotch pudding mix, ice and water, it's just AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Shakeology. 1/2 C. almond or soy or skim milk, 8 ice cubes, 8 bing cherries, (get em now while they are in season) remove the pits, 1 Tbls. SF/FF jello instant pudding powder. 1 scoop choc Shakeology, and add enough water to make it 32 ounces. (I like the yummy goodness to last, so I make mine like a big shake.) Blend well pour into an insulated 32 oz. Aladdin mug and pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes. Enjoy, This is my favorite recipe so far. :•)

    ReplyDelete