Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back and Legs r a shakin'

As we get older in life we go learning our likes and dislikes  as well as our strengths and weaknesses... I had told "Shortteacher" That so far I didn't find the P90X's workouts so difficult but that Back and Legs might kick my butt... Boy was I right! The soreness kicked in mid workout, which is a pretty good preview of what to expect come tomorrow... I'm thinking I'm going to have fun tomorrow while doing Insanity heheehhe...


As for the workout it self, I was pleseantly surprised to find out that most of it is with body weight, I have plenty of it, so it was pretty challenging. I've never really done any leg work besides the traditional lunges and squats (Chalean Extreme) and  plyometrics ( Turbo Fire and Insanity), so some moves I've done before and some where completly new. I have a good room for improvement over this workout ( which means I sucked at it) but overall I liked it, might not be able to walk tomorrow but nevertheless I liked it. Ab ripper x still really hard for me, so for the time being my main goal is to hit 15 reps in each workout, I'll keep moving that goal up until I reach those 25 pesky reps!

Tomorrow is Insanity Max Sports Interval, which was my favorite Insanity workout when I was doing the program, but  let's see how that goes tomorrow, as is very difficult to jump around with sore legs, butt and core.  I'm still alive, but IDK if I'm getting skinnier hehehe!

Thrilledmomof2

1 comment:

  1. I love this workout. It's not easy. Just when I was getting over my sore calves, I did those calf raises. We'll see if I feel that one in the morning. Though I did get distracted by the mirror during that exercise...I'd forgotten how much of it was just body weight. I've definitely got a lot of room for improvement as well. As for Ab ripper I dunno that I can even do 15. The first couple of workouts I can do all 25 then it all goes downhill from there. I think i will set a goal of 10 and see where I'm at. If I can hit 10 on all I'll try 15. My core is soooooooo weak. ~Shortteacher~

    ReplyDelete